Anne Chapman, a former Assistant Federal Defender, has defended clients in criminal cases and assisted companies with internal and governmental investigations for the last fifteen years.
Anne is an experienced trial attorney. She has tried and defended complex criminal cases involving bank, mail and wire fraud, mortgage fraud, identity theft, money laundering, privacy violations, terrorism offenses, narcotics, immigration issues, firearms smuggling, criminal copyright and trademark allegations, and the Classified Information Procedures Act.
Anne also has a wealth of experience representing individual and corporate clients in connection with regulatory and enforcement investigations and indictments, internal investigations, deferred prosecution agreements, and False Claims Act allegations.
In addition to being an accomplished criminal defense attorney, Anne is a sought after speaker and writer. She has recently written on attorney client privilege issues in internal investigations, and has made presentations across the country on a wide range of issues including defending conspiracy cases, attorney client privilege issues in criminal cases, and defense of False Claims Act violations.
Anne received her J.D., cum laude, from Duke University School of Law and her B.A., magna cum laude from the University of Oregon. Following graduation, Anne was a law clerk to Federal District Judge Robert H. Whaley.
- Osborn Maledon, Partner, Investigations & Criminal Defense Group (2007-2016)
- Assistant Federal Public Defender, Office of the Federal Public Defender, Eastern District of Virginia (2002-2007)
- Law Clerk, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington, Judge Robert H. Whaley (2000 – 2001)
- McCutchen, Doyle, Brown & Enersen, Associate (1999-2000)
- Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Phoenix Best Lawyers®, Criminal Defense: White-Collar Lawyer of the Year
- The Best Lawyers in America®, White-Collar Criminal Defense
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Criminal Defense
- Distinguished Service Award, National Association of Federal Defenders, May 2006
- Maricopa County Superior Court’s Capital Defense Review Committee, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Board of Directors, 2009-2012; Co-Chair, Death Penalty Committee 2012-2014; White Collar Crime Committee 2013-present
- American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section
- Arizona State Bar, Indigent Defense Task Force, Member
- Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Supreme Court of Arizona’s Independent Bar Counsel Attorney Panel